Did you know you can directly access a number of local support services without being referred by your GP?
- Bury Live Well Service is Bury Council’s free support service to help people of all ages to make positive changes to their lifestyle. The service has been formed by bringing together the Bury Exercise and Therapy Scheme (BEATS) and the Bury Lifestyle Service. With a patient–centred approach at its heart, the new combined service provides a single point referral pathway to support people with: Getting more active, more often; keeping mobile, preventing falls and maintaining independence; eating well and maintaining a healthy weight; preventing or coping better with long term conditions; maintaining a healthy mind and managing stress, anxiety or a low mood; sleeping better; reducing how much alcohol they drink; quitting smoking and becoming smoke free; family–wide health and well-being and finding new activities and opportunities to connect with others. You can find out more about the service here and you can make a self referral here.
- The Bury Directory contains information and advice on a range of health and social care services.
- Bury Council offer a Helping Yourself to Wellbeing course which can be accessed by emailing or calling 0161 253 7922.
- The Healthy Minds service is there for you if you are feeling worried, anxious or stressed.
- Achieve Bury (GMMH) offers substance misuse services across Bury. Call 0161 271 0020 for more information.
You can also access the following resources:
- You can find out more about caring for you and your family on the NHS website.
- You can access urgent health advice by calling 111. You can also access urgent medical advice online at: www.111.nhs.uk. This service provides health advice and signposting to urgent care services online, as a convenient digital alternative to using the NHS 111 telephone helpline. After asking you to enter your postcode and symptoms, it will give you tailored advice on how to manage them, and/or generate a call back from a healthcare professional, if required.
- There are useful and innovative self care apps available.