Patients and carers from Bury are being asked to nominate a member of their GP practice team for a ‘Patient Choice’ award.
Linked to the 70th birthday of the NHS, staff that have gone the extra mile to make a difference for local patients will be recognised across a range of awards during September.
Hosted by NHS Bury Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), the ‘BAfTA’ Awards – Bury Award for Talent and Achievement, aim to recognise talent and achievement across a range of categories for both CCG staff and General Practice colleagues.
As part of the BAfTAs, a special award, The Patient Choice Award, is reserved for local people to nominate deserving health care staff from their local GP practice.
For the Patient Choice Award, the CCG is seeking nominations from local people who would like to show their appreciation of the care and commitment shown to them by a member of General Practice staff.
This could be any member of the team from a GP to a receptionist and beyond. Perhaps you know someone from your practice that has gone out of their way to support a patient’s needs; someone that puts patients at the heart of all they do or someone that brings about change and clear benefits for the people that use their services.
Stuart North, Chief Officer for NHS Bury CCG said:
“The 70th birthday of the NHS has been the perfect opportunity for us to step back and reflect on everything that is great about our local NHS.”
“Colleagues within the CCG and our General Practices are doing some really good work and our awards provide the opportunity for us to recognise best practice and celebrate success.”
“If you know someone from your GP practice that has gone out of their way to support a patient’s needs; put patients at the heart of all that they do; brought about change and positive benefits at the practice or simply made a difference to you, you can nominate them for the Patient Choice Award.”
How to nominate:
- Visit our website (buryccg.nhs.uk) and download an electronic copy of the nomination form, which can be completed and e-mailed back.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an electronic copy of the nomination form, which can be completed and e-mailed back.
- Call: 0161 253 7636 to request a paper copy of the nomination form.
- The nomination form is simple to complete and includes all the information you need to make your nomination.
- The closing date for nominations to be received is noon on 31st August 2018. Winners and those who are highly commended will be announced in September and presented with a certificate.