Did you know you can directly access a number of NHS support services without being referred by your GP?
- The Bury Directory contains information and advice on a range of health and social care services.
- You can find out more about caring for you and your family on the NHS website.
- There are useful and innovative self care apps available.
- You can access urgent health advice by calling 111. You can also access urgent medical advice online at: www.111.nhs.uk. This service provides health advice and signposting to urgent care services online, as a convenient digital alternative to using the NHS 111 telephone helpline. After asking you to enter your postcode and symptoms, it will give you tailored advice on how to manage them, and/or generate a call back from a healthcare professional, if required.
- The Healthy Minds service is there for you if you are feeling worried, anxious or stressed.
- Bury Lifestyle Service offers a free personalised service supporting people to improve their health by introducing small changes such as:
stopping smoking, healthy eating, weight management, weight loss programme, sleep quality improvement, alcohol dependency support and
improving health and wellbeing.
- Bury Council offer a Helping Yourself to Wellbeing course which can be accessed by emailing or calling 0161 253 7922.
- Achieve Bury (GMMH) offers substance misuse services across Bury. Call 0161 271 0020 for more information.