GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile device. Once you have signed up to online services via your GP practice, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice’s online services.
Follow these simple steps to sign up for and start using GP online services:
- Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
- A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short registration form
- You may have to provide photo ID and proof of address
- Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in to online services
Find out more about basic patient registration services here.
How can I find out what online services my GP practice offers?
You can ask your practice what services they offer when you sign up or check online by looking up your GP practice on this website. Each available service is listed under “online facilities” on the “overview” and “facilities” pages of the GP profile.
If you have already signed up for the service, then you could also log in via NHS Choices in addition to the link provided in the sign up letter.
If you would like access to GP online services and need some guidance, please speak to your GP practice’s Digital Champion. Your Digital Champion can help you register for GP online services or provide guidance with using online service.
For more information about GP online services, visit NHS Choices.
If you are not yet registered with a GP practice, see how you can register with a GP practice by clicking here.
GP Practices and services available
Find out about how to register with a local GP Practice and services available, here