Members of the public are invited to an Annual General Meeting and exhibition about local health and care services in Bury.
Taking place from 6pm on Wednesday 27th September 2017, in the Minden Suite of the Fusilier Museum, Moss Street, Bury, members of the public are welcomed to come and talk to teams and organisations working across health and social care in Bury including the progress made in the past year. Topics to be covered and organisation attending the exhibition will include:
- HealthWatch Bury
- Quality and Safeguarding (NHS Bury Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG))
- Bury’s Children’s Community Nursing (Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust)
- The Living With and Beyond Cancer project (NHS Bury CCG and Macmillan)
- The National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NHS Bury CCG)
- Transformation of services for children and young people (NHS Bury CCG and partners)
- Mental health services (NHS Bury CCG and partners)
- See a demonstration of The Bury Directory and all it has to offer (Bury Council)
- Watch a short video which highlights how GP practice administrative and clinical time in Bury has been freed up to care for patients by implementing more efficient administration processes
- And hear about lots of opportunities to boost your health and wellbeing from the Helping Yourself to Wellbeing team, BEATS and The Bury Lifestyle Service from Bury Council
- And more…
The exhibition will be followed by the CCG’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2016/17 starting at 7pm in the same venue, coming to a close at 8pm.
Light refreshments will be available and copies of the Annual Report for the year will be available at the meeting.
Dr. Kiran Patel, Chair of NHS Bury CCG said: “The AGM is our opportunity to highlight activities and progress made during the last year, as well as talking about our plans for the future. We feel we have made some good progress during the last year, but there is obviously more to do and there are lots of developments planned moving forward. The exhibition prior to the AGM is one not to be missed with a wide range of teams and services available to talk to local people about their work. This is an opportunity for local people to learn more about our work, the work of our partners and to get involved.”
For people who can’t come on the day, the meeting can be followed live on Twitter at: @NHSBuryCCG
Anyone wishing to attend the AGM is asked to confirm their attendance for refreshment purposes by contacting the Communications Team via email at: email@example.com or by calling: 0161 762 3106.
Date: 22nd September 2017
FOR PRESS & MEDIA ENQUIRIES: contact NHS Bury CCG Communications team on 0161 762 3106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org